Integrated Supply & Trading is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP. The Commodity Risk (Product Control) Analyst is a key control position within the Commodity Risk (Product Control) and Integrated Supply & Trading Finance organization. This role is accountable for providing deep business understanding and control through the delivery of value-added reporting and analysis. This role holds the primary interface into the trading front office for a specific set of trading activity, balancing independence with a business enabling partnership. This position requires a deep understanding of the activities within Market Risk or Product Control Analytics in order to meet the team’s core accountability of delivering independent daily exposures, P&L reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will initially be assigned to the European Biodiesel bench executing control accountabilities there. Opportunities to move across benches to broaden experience is encouraged over the tenor of a Commodity Risk Analyst candidates time working in Commodity Risk.
- Responsible for providing independent, timely, globally aligned and accurate valuations of trading book position, exposure, performance data and analysis to facilitate trading execution, control of trading, management reporting, market risk management, credit risk management and compliance.
- Develop a deep understanding of IST’s European Biodiesel trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals.
- Validating integrity of management information provided to Financial Accounts for the Group Accounts and financial disclosures.
- Independent understanding to identify/escalate and mitigate financial, operational & reputation risk related to trading book positions and exposures.
- Supporting the remediation of working capital related issues. Forecasting, allocation and optimization of working capital for ensuring book remains within limits.
- Provide support for entering/exiting new instruments/markets & growth/contraction of existing business via effective due diligence.
- Operate in accordance with Operating Standards and Control Processes in relevant region.
- Hold relationship with relevant Traders and Operational Leadership
- Business experience in financial accounting and/or control within a trading environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of energy trading markets and instruments
- Ability to work in a team, with the ability to train and develop other team members
- Strong understanding of key controls used to mitigate risks
- Strong analytical skills (the ability to grasp and communicate complex trading transactions into their economic effects)
- Attention to detail and ability to work within a very deadline orientated environment
- Ability to deploy a variety of communication styles according to the situation and communicate effectively with stakeholders and peers
- Knowledge of the front to back Deal Life cycle, the role of Commodity Risk (Product Control) through this cycle and the applications employed
- Bachelors Degree (any discipline), or equivalent experience.
- MBA or other financial certification including CFA, ACA, CPA.
- Solid understanding of Market and Credit Risk functions
Integrated Supply & Trading
Job Family Group
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. And our Supply and Trading business helps us buy and sell energy that is transported to customers all over the world.
Supply and Trading moves energy through pipelines and by ship, truck and rail, and trades everything from our energy commodities to derivatives and currencies. It’s a place where talent, team collaboration and a supportive environment come together to make it an exceptional area to build a successful career.