Our purpose is to create outstanding places where people can thrive.
A consistent focus on people and culture has meant we’ve been feted 11 years in a row as one of The Sunday Times’ “100 Best Small Companies to Work For” – a standout achievement in our sector. This year, we added Property Week’s “Best Places to Work in Property” listing to the mantelpiece.
Mount Anvil offers a diverse rewards package which includes: Private medical insurance for you and your family through Vitality including access to our well-being scheme which offers associated discounts on spa breaks, cinema tickets, your Ocado shop, free Starbucks, 50% off Virgin Active Membership and more.
We also offer you; Income Protection Insurance to help you cope financially if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury, Life Assurance equivalent to four times your salary, one additional well-being day on top of your annual leave & Bank Holidays, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, an in-house Occupational Health specialist, among others.
You'll be highly numerate and analytical, a self-starter with the ability to have the confidence to ask great questions and challenge without being obnoxious.
You'll be a strong team player who is humble and hungry, adaptable/dynamic & flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility and trust you to own the numbers and get them right - attention to detail and taking pride in the quality of the final product (SPLs, cashflows and other ad-hoc analysis).
The art of persuasion and skills to build and foster great relationships are essential for this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a newly minted role and it isn't for the faint hearted – you’ll have high levels of responsibility for all aspects of financial, tax, reporting and funding management for some of Mount Anvil Group’s key developments.
You’ll be a key point of contact with auditors, lawyers, banks and other advisors and internal business stakeholders to achieve favourable financing terms specific to each scheme in line with draw down requirements.
This role involves working with data – revenues, cashflows and costs and general ledger breakdowns to perform analysis to spot trends, capitalise on opportunities and manage risks – all with a focus of adding value to our schemes.
You'll work as part of the wider Finance team which has a great mix of experience, energy and fun – you’ll learn and laugh a lot. There are a whole heap of improvements and changes we are making to our processes and systems that we want you to support.
- Submission of high-quality management accounts and SPLs (scheme profit & loss), forecast cashflows and other required analysis as part of the monthly management pack for internal & external stakeholders
- Manage the signing of the audited year-end financial statements together with the submission of the corporation tax computations, monthly VAT returns and other tax compliance matters
- Seek continuous improvement and pursue more effective and efficient ways of doing things within both the finance function and in partnership with the wider business
- Project manage the funding of our schemes by preparing the scheme information memorandum and funder appraisal before we liaise with banks
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- ACA/Fully Qualified Accountant
- Funding Management including Funder appraisal including experience liaising with Banks preferable but not essential
- Experience of management accounts and SPLs (scheme profit & loss) &, modelling sales budgeting costs, & forecasting cashflows
- Knowledge of Tax; Corporation tax, VAT, CIS, Stamp Duty Land tax, and other tax compliance matters also helpful
- Ability to present & convey complex/technical finance information to non-technical audiences
- Advanced Excel Skills