Registered Nurse (RN)
Why TaraVista Behavioral Health Center?
At TaraVista, we havent forgotten the reason behind why we went into healthcare. Like you, we have a calling to help people - to make a real and meaningful difference in their lives. Also like you, were frustrated that business and process seem to come at the expense of our patients, and compromise our ability to work effectively as teams.
We believe that behavioral healthcare doesnt have to be an either/or choice between proper business and proper treatment - we believe we can truly do well by doing good.
Join our TV team where values like collaboration, compassion, engagement, and respect are the very real foundations of our culture not just ideals in a job post. Reconnect with the reasons you chose to work in healthcare and shift from simply having a career, to really living your calling.
Location: Devens, MA
Units: Children, Adolescent,Young Adult and Adult
Shift: Days & Eves available
Schedule: Full-Time & Part Time available
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is an active participant in the health care team who provides direct and indirect care to patients/families/legal guardians.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for maintaining a safe therapeutic milieu grounded in TaraVista Behavioral Health Center core principles.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) works collaboratively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and contributes to each patients individual treatment plan by helping develop, implement, and document appropriate goals and interventions, informed by patient strengths and presenting psychiatric problems.
RN license within the State of Massachusetts required; BSN preferred. Previous psychiatric / substance inpatient experience preferred. CPR certification required. Restraint Reduction de-escalation / crisis intervention experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking to make decisions and solve problems
Advanced level knowledge of Behavior Health and Substance Abuse treatment modalities; applies nursing process from a Trauma Informed Recovery model of care
Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship while maintaining professional boundaries
Effective oral and written communication
Sufficient typing and computer skills to facilitate use of Electronic Medical Record
Crisis management, time management, delegating, coaching and team building skills
Flexibility, creativity and ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, organized and professional manner
TaraVista Behavioral Health Center, a new innovative 108 bed inpatient hospital, was conceived from this simple question: What if we could create an inpatient Behavioral Health Center from scratch?
TaraVistas mission is to provide compassionate, effective, sustainable care for those suffering from psychiatric distress and co-occurring substance abuse. To accomplish this, we have to reimagine how care is delivered - and we are actively seeking team members to help us realize this vision.
The TaraVista approach empowers you to shift from simply having a job in your chosen career field, to making a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
We seek innovative, energetic people who work well in teams and who are driven to help patients and families in a time of need. We offer comprehensive benefits including a gainsharing plan and a variety of work schedules.
We aren't for everyone. Our team members:
- Champion the patients
- Work as part of a collaborative, empowered team in a non-judgmental environment
- Have a voice that is welcomed, encouraged, and respected
- Do what needs to be done to support each other