The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We're united by our culture – a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job – it's about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
The UX Strategist works closely with team members across the Rock Family of Companies to drive user research, design a product's architecture and implement a content strategy that meets client expectations and business goals for priority digital products.
- Work closely with product managers, business leads, engineers and fellow UX team members to define requirements and success criteria for key company initiatives and how user design and content can help achieve them
- Facilitate workshops to design the structure and flow of a client's experience that satisfies client expectations and business goals
- Develop user flows, wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes for rapid, iterative user interface definition and improvement
- Develop information architecture, site maps, structured content models and taxonomy backed by client data and behavior
- Collaborate with visual designers, UX writers and UI engineers from conceptualization to implementation to ensure user needs, limitations and attitudes are accounted for before digital experiences are released
- Conduct UX research and present actionable recommendations and artifacts to business stakeholders based on a strategic analysis of data
- Participate in end user research and concept development, including contextual inquiries, persona and scenario development, and ideation sessions
- Utilize primary and secondary research sources to understand consumer needs to build upon strategic product recommendations
- Inventory and audit content and design to keep experiences aligned to brand standards and guidelines for style, visual identify and voice and tone
- Present and communicate UX recommendations clearly with high-quality artifacts to product managers, business stakeholders, writers, designers and engineers
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of business success drivers, industry and regulatory trends, and the competitive marketplace intelligence
- 2 years of experience in UX strategy or a comparable role
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, human-computer interactions, user experience, design, research, journalism, communication or a related field; master's degree preferred
- Experience in usability findings, usability design documentation (whiteboarding, wireframing and paper prototyping) and usability testing documentation
- Knowledge of content strategy principles and artifacts, including content inventories, audits and content models
- Experience with Sketch, InVision (or another prototyping tool) and the Adobe Design suite
- Understanding of basic HTML/CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination“ for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 – 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans“ in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's “Best Places to Work in IT“ list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of “100 Best Companies to Work For“ in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.