Truck Drivers Needed (Detroit, Pontiac, & Romulus, MI)
Drives truck to pick-up and transport product and materials from and to specified destinations by performing the following duties.
- Properly document vehicle pre-trip and post-trip reports and coordinate findings with mechanic during daily inspections of air, water, oil, body, etc.
- Know how to properly and safely operate a box truck.
- Have an overall understanding of warehouse terminology and proper product handling procedures as listed in the Warehouse Manager-in-Training manual.
- Accepts assigned runs through dispatch or Manager on Duty and know how to read a Driver Manifest, sequence sheets, route assignments and donor tickets.
- Knows how to operate DSS, Donation Service System, and IPad, including messaging.
- Always wear safety belt when operating truck.
- Responsible for supplying and utilizing ratchet straps.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment.
- Know how to properly and safely operate a pallet jack.
- Responsible for good donor service by being courteous and helpful.
- Responsible for loading and unloading truck completely and within the allotted time frame as listed in the Warehouse Manager-in-Training manual, at any location.
- Instructs and supervises helper.
- When in accidents, follow protocol as listed in the Warehouse Manager-in-Training manual.
- Follow proper maintenance requirements as listed in the Warehouse Manager-in-Training manual.
- Use personal protective equipment in all required areas.
- Report safety hazards and ensure proper use, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Use back guard provided when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
- Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
All tasks or assignments as assigned by supervisor or administrator. Responsible for adhering to all procedures and guidelines as outlined in the Warehouse Manager-in-Training manual.
Supervises assigned personnel or beneficiaries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Licensed driving experience.
Read and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to speak effectively to employees of work area.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License and valid DOT Medical card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, drive and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hear, see or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
It is in a truck and warehouse environment that is regularly exposed to outside weather. The noise level is usually ranges from moderate to loud.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.