Req Number: 236583
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics OR Accounting from an accredited university.
- 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- 3 Accounting classes (3.0 average GPA).
- 1 year of customer service experience.
- 1 year of team project/project management experience.
- 1 year of experience Microsoft Office products, Word and Excel.
The Staff Auditor I is designed to jumpstart an exciting career as an Audit professional within Comerica Bank. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the performance of our integrated audit approach that would include a combination of financial, operational, and information system audit processes for various internal business units.
- Responsible for assisting in the performance of our integrated audit approach that would include a combination of financial, operational, and information system audit processes for various internal business units.
- Responsible for evaluating the following criteria for all areas reviewed in a high-quality, professional manner: adequacy of internal controls, reliability of accounting information, quality of ongoing operations of the areas reviewed, and compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating the adequacy of design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Responsible for applying basic analytical skills, form hypothesis and draw conclusions.
- Responsible for enhancing and developing communications and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for executing and documenting audit program tests for financial, operational, and system audits.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting audit issues.
- Responsible for completing work within defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Use Windows-based work processing and spreadsheet software.
- Responsible for effective writing, oral and presentation techniques.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday. This position includes onsite and remote work days.
Category C - Days may vary based on workweek schedule (1-5 days in office)
Comerica Bank Center (CBC)
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.