Specialty Bartender - Part Time (Detroit)
It is the responsibility of the Specialty Bartender to mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, proportioning ingredients according to standardized recipes in designated casino outlets while performing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Makes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, proportioning ingredients according to standardized recipes in designated restaurant and casino outlets.
- Assists in food service of specific designated restaurant outlets.
- Maintains proficiency in Flair bartending techniques.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of drink recipe’s both old and new.
- Identifies and up sells wines, spirit and high-end liquors to satisfy clients in restaurant outlets.
- Maintains an orderly and clean bar at all times within designated dining outlet.
- Maintains bar inventory and orders product to maintain set par levels.
- Operates a cash or complimentary register giving proper change to the servers and guests and pays out tips to Servers as listed on the P.O.S report.
- Maintains cash bank or impressed bank issued at the beginning of shift.
- Maintains necessary knowledge of the daily menu.
- Balances bank at end of shift and accounts for days' receipts. Prepares daily reports and submits appropriate paperwork.
- Determines when a guest should not be served additional alcoholic beverages in accordance with MGM Grand-Detroit policy and alcohol awareness training.
- Retains empty bottles so that requisitions can be done accurately to maintain par stock.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies Supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 + years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience as a Bartender in a high volume restaurant, bar or casino.
- Working knowledge and proficient in all aspects of beverage and wine service.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain alcohol awareness certification and food handler’s permit.