Aera Technology is the Cognitive Automation company that makes business agility happen. We deliver the first scalable digital platform that integrates with existing systems to make and execute business decisions in real time. In the era of digital acceleration, Aera helps enterprises around the world transform how they respond to the ever-changing environment.
The PreSales Engineer (aka Solution Consultant) is the ‘Swiss-Army Knife’ who supports the Client Partner throughout the middle of the sales cycle to win new customers as well as retain and upsell existing customers. She or he is a key contributor to sales cycles, as a subject matter expert and as the owner of key activities that help the prospect to navigate their selection and decision-making process. Also, as tip of the spear in our go-to-market strategy, SC’s work closely with our Product Management and COE functions to provide feedback on market requirements and our product development roadmap.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 4 years in a pre-sales role at a relevant enterprise software firm, ideally in the realm of planning, decision-support, or analytics.
- Present Aera capabilities in initial and ongoing meetings and discussions with both prospective accounts and existing customers
- Deliver standard and custom demos, live in Aera’s demo environment
- Develop a robust understanding of Aera's primary Cognitive Skills (see description at aeratechnology.com), enabling customers to visualize the art of the possible
- Use energetic storytelling to convey the value and power of Aera’s Cognitive Operating System (COS)
- Lead Proof of concept/Proof of value exercises
- Facilitate or support benefit assessments and business case development
- Assist with Proposals, RFx responsesWork with Engagement Principles to create compelling Solution Deployment Roadmaps
- Run meetings and workshops with prospects and customers, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations
- Support multiple prospect and customer project deliverables
- 5-8 years in a pre-sales role for an enterprise software firm ideally providing functionality that targets decision makers in supply chain operations management, i.e., procurement, manufacturing, distribution, inventory management, customer service, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Well versed in process manufacturing and CPG industry issues, especially chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food and beverage verticals.
- Experience with value engineering and business case development
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering or Computer Science; Master’s degree preferred
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people.,, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!