Compuware is the only software company solely focused on mainframe innovation. We leverage Agile development and DevOps best practices to accelerate customer collaboration and deliver meaningful innovation every 90 days.
The company's ongoing success depends on our employees--a diverse team of people that reflect our core values: being customer-obsessed, embracing transparent and open-minded collaboration and pursuing continuous learning and improvement.
What You’ll Do
Mainframes are the world’s most powerful computing platform - we build the tools that enable mainframe application developers to do their job with better quality and efficiency. We are low-level programmers who love the nitty-gritty aspects of technology and like to get our hands dirty. Compuware provides new hires with training starting Day 1 and within a few months, you could be leaving your fingerprints on our next big release.
As a Mainframe Developer, you will be a key member of building our best-in-class software tools and your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, document, support programs for large-scale or high-volume transactions
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
- Develop products primarily in IBM Assembler in addition to COBOL, PL/1, CICS, and DB2
- Understand business, technical, and program requirements
- Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system lifecycle
- Supply time estimates related to programming efforts
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
- Perform additional duties as required
What We Look For
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Bachelors degree
- Possesses less than 2 years of professional work experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in one or more programming languages (C, Java, C++, etc.)
- Demonstratable project-based experience with programming
Nice to Haves:
- Passion and desire to constantly learn both independently and from colleagues
- Ability and desire to dig deeply into a code base and technical topics
- Knowledge of software design and implementation
- Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse team
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Sick Days and a company matching 401(k) Plan. We are an EOE -Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.