WXYZ, The E.W. Scripps Company ABC affiliate in Detroit, MI, is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join its team. The Social Media Specialist will manage involvement, strategy and messaging on social media platforms to promote the brand and its content across multiple social platforms and increase brand awareness, consumer reach and engagement.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Manage, interact with and respond to social media audiences.
- Write, create and edit content for all platforms.
- Execute strategies and tactics for social media audience growth.
- Collaborate with marketing and/or creative staff on marketing initiatives, events and contest to promote the brand.
- Analyze rundowns and work with producers to coordinate on-air and digital products.
- Review web, mobile and social medial analytics daily, weekly and monthly to optimize platform growth.
- Train others on social media, web and mobile operations and best practices.
- Coordinate, recruit and curate user generated content on all platforms.
- Monitor web and social media for promotable content for all platforms.
- May manage social media pages and official brand/station accounts.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by management.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications or a similar field preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience, preferably in social media strategy or content production.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Strong understanding of how audiences behave on social and how to influence them and be relevant.
- Experience with social media management tools.
- Solid craft skills in copywriting, content creation, research and insights, creative ideation and presentation.
- Familiarity with social media analytics.
- An eye for great social design including video and image treatments.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and assignments in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and best practices of all key social media platforms.
- May be required to work a non-traditional schedule.
- Some weekend, holiday and after-hours work may be required aligned to coverage of significant social media occasions (e.g. entertainment awards show, political debates, etc.).
- A moderate amount of travel may be required (10%).
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.“
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.