The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We're united by our culture – a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job – it's about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
Interns at the Rock Family of Companies gain priceless, hands-on experience. Here, they learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit and become a valuable member of our team.
- Craft quality content for internal platforms on a deadline
- Interview sources and disseminate interview transcriptions, which at times may contain high-level technical content, into accessible stories for a wide audience
- Build relationships throughout the Technology team to source story ideas
- Work with the communications team to create a holistic content vision, capturing stories through the combination of written copy and visuals
- Craft content and strategy for our Technology team social media platforms
- Pursuing or completed education in journalism, communications or a similar field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with a journalistic style of writing and reporting (must be able to provide writing samples)
- Enterprising spirit and the ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Passion for written communication and story-telling
- Collaborative mindset and the desire to grow through actively listening to feedback
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work 40 hours per week Monday - Friday
What'll Make You Special
- Knowledge of AP style and experience editing in AP style
- Working knowledge of Adobe software, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in photography and/or graphic design
- Knowledge of and passion for technology
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination“ for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 – 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans“ in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's “Best Places to Work in IT“ list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of “100 Best Companies to Work For“ in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.