BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The key responsibility of the Senior Sales, Domestic Services is the development of new business revenue in all market verticals. Using a formal sales process as well as a consultative approach; the Senior Sales, Domestic Services will work at the direction of the Vice President, Sales and independently, to identify, engage and close new business opportunities with potential new customers. New business may be in multiple modes and services including: third party logistics services, distribution services, consulting services and B2B multimodal solutions with a focus on over the road, LTL, intermodal, and cross border transportation solutions.
- Sales activity will be focused on senior level decision makers within a prospect to obtain a significant position for BNSF Logistics in the transportation and/or transportation management of shipments.
- The Senior Sales, Domestic Services will interact with procurement, solutions design, marketing, operations and other sales team members in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
- Prospect new customers through various channels, including phone, email, visits, conferences, etc.
- Convert procurement pricing information into customer proposals and appropriate documents and/or presentations for delivery to customers. Interaction with the Vice President, Sales in the development of pricing strategy and proposal presentation activity includes planning, presentation development, travel and actual presentation time and other customer activities.
- Upon selling new business the Senior Sales, Domestic Services will strategically pass the account to the account management team who will be responsible for the daily execution of the business as well as continued growth of the customer.
- Achieve annual revenue growth objectives, in line with provided guidance with new business targets and industry segments as established by the Vice President of Sales.
- Document all sales activity performed in our internal Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results. Sales activity will include sales phone calls, emails, contacts, visits, messages, RFP and opportunity updates.
- This position is primarily an outside sales role meeting with potential new customers and may require up to 50% business travel.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
Broad knowledge of such fields as supply chain, accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related outside sales experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.