Secretary (11 Month Salary Schedule)
Under the direction of one or more supervisors the secretary is self-directed and uses independent judgment. She/he is part of a professional team bringing specialized skills to support RESA programs. The secretary has frequent contact with other RESA employees and representatives of local school districts, community agencies, organizations, business and industry. The secretary anticipates staff and program needs through an awareness and knowledge of job function and time tables within the organization. She/he demonstrates proficiency of technological skills needed to support program operations. Managing multiple projects under tight deadlines, possessing above average communication skills, and the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner are essential in this position. Wayne RESA is an agency that exists to support the education of students in Wayne County. For this reason, Employees must be cooperative, willing to assist co-workers, flexible, punctual, and able to maintain confidentiality.
The successful candidate:
- Maintains regular in-person attendance.
- Performs duties in a consistently pleasant and professional manner with an appropriate personal appearance.
- Adheres to all Board, departmental and organizational policies and procedures including relevant health and safety procedures.
- Drafts correspondence, formats reports, and summarizes meeting notes as directed.
- Performs general secretarial support services.
- Participates in ongoing in-service skills development activities and training programs of a technical or professional development nature.
- Uses technology to search, retrieve, and maintain data to generate reports (e.g. purchase orders, direct payments, timesheets).
- Coordinates appointments, conferences, meetings, travel arrangements, etc; and is proficient in using the internet and electronic tools to do so.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or provides support to meetings or group activities as specified by the Supervisor.
- Maintains organized efficient documentation of department activities.
- Responds to internal and external clients by providing appropriate information as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or two years of college credit preferred
- Two years minimum secretarial experience required
Skills and Training:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to process purchase orders and utilize e-mail and voice-mail systems.
- Ability to take notes and minutes at meetings.
- Familiarity with data bases, spreadsheets, internet browsers and presentation software.
- Testing Required:
- Keboarding (typing) - 45 wpm
- Tested Skills (Basic Word, Basic Excel, PowerPoint, Alpha Filing, Numeric Filing, Spelling)
- Applications will be screened and candidates will be notified by email if eligible to participate in the testing process.
Compensation: Current Local 1882, Wayne RESA Chapter Salary - Grade 6, 11-month salary schedule ($32,343 - $43,769) (note: employees on an eleven (11) month salary schedule have a work schedule that includes an unpaid period of twenty (20) work days between July 1 and August 1) and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health/dental/vision/life and long-term disability insurance. 18 paid holidays, generous time off and membership in the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System www.michigan.gov/ors. The position is represented by the Local 1882, Wayne RESA Chapter.
aspx (Job ID #15979) by 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, 2019 in order to be considered.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER