PLASTIC & COMPOSITES APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
KP Recruiting Group Detroit, MI
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide on-site assistance with injection molding trials at new or existing customers of specialty or specialty blend composites
- Educate new customers as to how to optimize specialty composite processing conditions
- Assist customers with technical services including plastic product design, engineering and design optimization based on specialty composite material properties
- Support specialty sales team with joint customer visits, help market the value of specialty based composites
- Troubleshoot, carry out failure analysis and promote part/processing solutions to issues that might arrive with the use of SPECIALTY and/or SPECIALTY blends
- Support customer injection molding trials, product reviews and other technical support functions at customer sites to ensure SPECIALTY product successful performance
- Support SPECIALTY sales efforts by applying strong technical knowledge. Be an integral part of the sales team to promote SPECIALTY and educate potential or existing customers
- Identify and promote best SPECIALTY composite blend ratios for customers to meet their specific part performance needs.
- Assist customers with design support to help customers with an easier conversion to SPECIALTY composites
- Support new product development activities.
- Coordinate and monitor all technical service related issues to ensure their timely execution with both internal and partner companies.
- Maintain or create customer centric documents to facilitate the correct processing conditions for SPECIALTY composites (molding guide, etc.)
- Assist sales and marketing with development of go-to-market plans
Knowledge and Experience:
- B.S. Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Science in Plastics Engineering.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in plastic injection molding, tooling, and product failure analysis; knowledge in extrusion and blow molding a plus
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Exceptional understanding / knowledge of global molding processes
- Capability to work effectively across diverse cultures, and in multiple time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect and assist customers from the shop floor to the executive level
- Ability to motivate teams and influence without direct authority.
- Understanding / knowledge of molder manufacturing and injection molding economics
- Automotive supply industry and manufacturing experience preferred.