Lead Aircraft De-Icer (IDS) - Returners
IDS is hiring Aircraft Lead Deicers at Detroit's (DTW) Airport
The Inland Group of Companies is comprised of IDS, Inland Technologies, and Quantem Aviation Services. We offer a full range of airport and airline services, from aircraft deicing and spent ADF recovery to cargo and passenger handling. Our objective is to work continuously to develop services and programs that better meet our customers operational needs.
IDS is currently looking for Aircraft Lead Deicers to keep up our level of commitment to safety and operations. In this role, you will work directly with the operations team de-icing aircraft for our customers. No experience is necessary, we will train you. Join our team and build a long-term career with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the company Mission Value Purpose (MVP).
- Assisting the station management team with the responsibilities of the overall safety and performance of the deicing operation.
- Supervise and provide direction for aircraft deicers relating to daily job duties as required by Integrated Deicing Services (IDS) and our customers.
- Conduct training and continual coaching of employees to ensure a safe environment during the de/anti-icing operation and all company policies and procedures are being followed correctly.
- Uphold and follow the duties related to de/anti-icing aircraft according to procedures for both airlines and IDS (including inspecting aircraft for frozen contamination).
- Participate in the pre-planning for the de/anti-ice event (perform checks on equipment, trucks, servicing equipment with fuel or glycol).
- Ensure proper shutdown of pads, including paperwork and log books; that all maintenance issues have been logged and reported to maintenance and all proper shutdown procedures for the equipment are followed.
- Monitor condition of all operational equipment (fuel, fluid, radio batteries, etc.) and report all maintenance issues to the supervisor and the maintenance department
Required Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or Satisfactory completion of GED and professional experience.
- Valid US drivers license.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Successful completion of all IDS classroom and OJT de-/anti-icing training.
- Possess Airport/Airline or similar industry operational experience with a background in safety and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and provide exceptional communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 50 pounds.
- Employees must have the ability to climb to 15-foot heights for work.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
- Cannot be afraid of heights.
- Travel is voluntary.
Acknowledgement: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
**Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
The Inland Group of Companies is comprised of IDS, Inland Technologies, and Quantem Aviation Services. We offer a full range of airport and airline services, from aircraft deicing and spent ADF recovery to cargo and passenger handling. Our objective is to work continuously to develop services and programs that better meet our customers’ operational needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
EEO is The Law - click here for more information: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact 833-447-3727 or email us: email@example.com. You may also write to us and we will be happy to assist you with the application: Inland Technologies, 175 Ammon Drive, #106, Manchester, NH 03103