Document Management Technician
CGS is seeking an eager Document Management Technician to provide Legal Support for the United States Attorney Office in Detroit, MI. The candidate must take initiative to ask questions to successfully complete tasks, perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure, and be enthusiastic about learning and applying knowledge to provide excellent litigation support.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, engagements, and conferences
- Receive and review incoming correspondence and forwards each item to the appropriate AUSA or to other staff based on a knowledge of the duties and functions of the United States Attorney's Office
- Receive telephone calls and visitors, screening those which can be handled without help
- Maintain legal and general office files.
- Review, screen, and control incoming mail.
- Searches file for material used in recurring reports. Assembles file data or secures data from staff members into the proper format based on the purpose and nature of the report.
- Produce written documents utilizing a range of office automation software. Retrieves required information from various files and records and prepares legal documents with complicated formatting. Ensures proper spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Consults with document author to resolve questionable material.
- Use a variety of applications to search and retrieve information necessary to complete assigned tasks: e.g., an internal case management database, files located on shared file network, and external sources such as court records.
- Some physical exertion such as moderate periods of standing; or recurring activities such as bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching; pushing supply carts; or recurring lifting (up to 50lbs) of moderately heavy items such as boxes of cases or supplies
- Use established procedures and policies to aid in the preparation of litigation case files and other records to shipped to an off-site location; locate and retrieve materials identified as subject to shipment; record shipment data into an internal case management system; assemble physical files in boxes for long term storage.
Education / Certification Requirement:
Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important. Must be able to read and follow instructions. Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole. Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective). Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills. Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
Undergraduate degree preferred.
Litigation support experience valued.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
- Paid Time Off and Observance of State/Federal Holidays