Director, Paid Media
Paid Media, Senior Director
Lambert is a strategic communication, capital markets and integrated marketing firm known for making its clients seen and understood in a hyper-connected world. We bring passionate-energy and thoughtful approaches to multiple sectors of business, including mobility and automotive, education and social impact, healthcare, capital markets and public affairs. With offices across the country, our firm has gained regional and national recognition, neither of which would be possible without understanding how to produce ideas that catch light.
View some of our past work here and learn more about our company culture here!
The Paid Media, Senior Director develops, implements, and evaluates targeted and data-driven paid advertising campaigns for clients across a variety of industries and marketing platforms. This role, positioned within Lambert’s Marketing Team, serves as the subject expert for internal and external partners across the spectrum of media planning and buying.
In this role you will...
- Plan and buy targeted, data-driven paid media campaigns that meet unique client goals
- Serve as the media planning and buying subject matter expert across the spectrum of paid advertising platforms
- Oversee and mentor the paid media associates and media partners to educate and collaborate on impactful strategies and campaigns
- Be results-driven in real time with the consistent iteration necessary to discover the right combination of channels, targeting, placements, and creative that will maximize the achievement of client business targets
- Lead the development of relationships with major paid media platforms
- Negotiate media buys across media types (outdoor, direct mail, TV and radio)
- Learn and internally advise on new paid media and advertising platform-specific trends
- Develop and advise on ongoing paid media activation plans based on new business RFPs
- Manage all financials including campaign spend, fees, and ensure billing is properly actualized each month
- Develop and manage campaign activation workflow and communication protocol between planning, marketing, and creative teams
- The Paid Digital Director is a part of the Marketing Strategy team that is responsible for growth, problem solving, and investments that propel the client’s business forward. The individual should have a strong knowledge of how paid media is planned, evaluated, and purchased. The individual should have strong organization skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, and be highly detailed oriented.
The travel requirements for the role include…
- Approximate frequency of 20%
The ideal candidate possesses the following...
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong understanding of major paid media algorithms, ad products, and optimization levers
- Work closely with external stakeholders to understand their needs, communicate media plans and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of industry media research tools (e.g, MRI, Clear Decisions, AdIntel, Mediaocean, Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multitask
- 6+ years of experience in a paid media planning and buying
- Experience developing, managing, and evaluating large-scale paid media campaigns in across traditional and digital
- Experience handling large media budgets and developing insights based on campaign results
- Experience leading and mentoring media or advertising teams
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
The work environment regularly presents the following physical demands…
- Hear or understand verbal and written communication
- Communicate verbally and in writing with clarity
- Read or check documents for accuracy
- Use keyboard to enter or revise words or data
- Use computer monitor
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Walk and sit
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lambert is proud to celebrate an inclusive culture and welcomes candidate’s perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and we understand that by assembling a diverse and inclusive workforce allows for a more open exchange of ideas, solutions, and progress.
We welcome your consideration for this role and look forward to connecting with you!