Build a Bigger, Better, Bolder Future
Imagine working for a company that measures its success based off the growth of its colleagues, a company that invests in its future by investing in you. Little Caesars is a company where our colleagues make an impact.
In this role, you will hold the most senior Supply Chain position in the International division by developing key strategies that have a direct impact on global purchasing commodities, sourcing, and products and services. You will create, develop, and implement strategies, objectives, and a vision for key ingredients and underlying commodities. You will be responsible for all international strategic sourcing, commodity tracking and analysis, and supplier contract and pricing negotiations and audits. You will take the lead in pre-entry development of Supply Chain strategies and tactics for potential new markets and direct and manage International Supply Chain staff along with all Purchasing, QA and Distribution aspects of the International business. You will establish and effectively execute appropriate processes to ensure that all International markets have access to the lowest cost products from approved suppliers at the right time and place. You will develop and implement cost saving strategies and budgets. Plus, create, monitor, and roll-out sourcing pipeline for near- and long-term projects. This position is also seen as the senior International Supply Chain expert and a key member of the International Division management team.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- In all existing and potential new International markets, both directly and through Supply Chain staff, identify, select, and establish relationships with suppliers and distributors (whether LCE-related or third party) that meet LCE quality standards and specifications.
- Develop strategies for global commodities and sourcing for minimum of three years out. Articulate an understanding of “big picture“ thinking and planning and incorporate into analysis, decision-making and recommendations.
- Create and develop a global sourcing event schedule and implement purchasing plans and price points through vendor analysis and sourcing.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and sourcing efforts requiring engagement at senior levels of the organization. Engage with suppliers at all levels and is the primary negotiator for Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc. (LCE) during sourcing and negotiation efforts.
- Directly and through Supply Chain staff, identify and resolve supplier food safety issues. Review and update LCE product safety and quality policies, procedures, and programs in coordination with US QA team on a regular basis.
- Determine appropriate needs and rationale for new product specifications or modifications to existing specs and coordinates implementation with US QA and R&D teams.
- Communicate with staff, other departments and suppliers regarding product specifications and program changes as appropriate.
- Primary International representative on Incident Management Team for product recalls and retrievals. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Lead and direct International Supply Chain staff, including hiring, performance management, coaching, development and required training.
- Create programs, communicate and ensure policy compliance by vendors, including regular vendor evaluation and audits.
- Develop and implement strategic framework to ensure optimal overall Supply Chain solutions considering country-level, region-level, US-based or global alternatives.
- Develop and implement processes for prioritizing, monitoring and ensuring results of multiple Supply Chain-related projects and field requests.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related discipline. (Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of specific degree or specialization.)
- Minimum of ten (10) years varied Supply Chain, Purchasing and Quality Assurance experience in the food industry including experience in a leadership role in procurement, strategic sourcing methodologies, strategic procurement work and demonstrated experience in global sourcing.
- Knowledge of the food industry manufacturing practices and familiar with governmental regulations, including OSHA lab standards and Good Manufacturing Practices as defined by the FDA.
- Ability to communicate effectively with franchisees, vendors and other departments, often communicating complex technical data to a variety of audiences.
- Evidence of the ability to establish, document, update and track quality metrics, preferably through standardized and accepted process control procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. Good interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflicting points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple, complex projects and initiatives simultaneously with a results-oriented approach.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, database, Internet and documentation software required.
- Ability to motivate, direct, coach and manage performance of staff.
- Ability to travel extensively and to adhere to the LCE Corporate Travel Policy.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- HACCP certification and foodservice sanitation certification.
- Experience with lab analysis and testing on products used in the pizza business.
- Ability to speak in a language other than English.
- Ongoing personal development as evidenced by membership or other involvement with industry associations or similar.
Where You'll Work:
- In a variety of office, field locations, production and manufacturing facilities, warehouses, laboratories and others as required.