Quaker Houghton, the world leader in industrial fluids, providing both high-tech fluid products and fluid management services, is seeking a Chemical Operator I to join our team. The ideal candidate will follow manufacturing instructions to produce finished goods safely, accurately, consistently and in a timely manner.
- This is a 2nd shift position
- Operates pumps and scales in a manner consistent with training to ensure safety and the highest level of product quality.
- Fills, seals, labels, stencils, palletizes and wraps containers as prescribed in the associated batch ticket, pick ticket, and or export order sheet.
- Maintains neat, thorough and correct completion of all batch related documentation.
- Calculates batch yields and responds appropriately.
- Prepares mixing vessels, necessary pumps and hoses for unloading.
- Inspects all containers prior to filling for cleanliness and integrity.
- Stages inventory in assigned areas for batch preparation, further processing and/or shipping.
- Loads and unloads box trucks and flat-beds either manually or using proper material handling equipment.
- Operates all types of Forklifts and other related motorized vehicles in a safe and proficient manner.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and strictly adheres to all plant safety policies.
- Provides immediate containment, reporting and clean-up/recovery of spilled material or leaks.
- Audits other team members in safety and quality procedures.
- Routinely participate in site safety committee.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- This position is the entry level for a new production employee with 0-1 year of experience.
- Ability to lift bags and other containers up to 50 pounds in a safe manner as directed.
- Ability to move drums up to 500 pounds without mechanical equipment in a safe manner as directed.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Positive team oriented attitude.
- Reliable attendance.
EEO STATEMENT: It is Quaker Houghton's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Quaker Houghton will also provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.