We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Buyer - Capital Equipment
Job Description Summary
Responsible for procurement of capital equipment and facilities/services within assigned group of capital equipment categories and global facilities. Leads sourcing of capital through requirements clarification, soliciting bids, evaluating quotations, and selecting suppliers.
- Responsible for capital equipment and facilities sourcing, and procurement activities globally, within assigned categories/locations.
- Collaborates with Engineering to establish requirements and execute the full sourcing process to meet the defined technical scope of the project.
- Provides support for sourcing package review prior to determining sourcing recommendations with engineers.
- Supports the supplier selection process by engaging the proposed suppliers to fulfill the requirements, as well as evaluating the supply base for options, as needed.
- Performs some market testing and supplier development, as needed.
- Supports the issue management process, including late delivery issues, supplier performance, price changes initiated by the supplier post-negotiation, scope/product changes, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting savings by program globally.
- Assists in training of capital procurement buyers at global locations in regard to global procurement policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- BA/BS and 2-5 years' professional experience
- Advanced Degree plus 1-2 years' professional experience.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We've earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.