Maintain the landscaping of our world renowned golf courses, golf is one of the main reasons guest choose Sandestin. Responsible for providing professional and courteous service to guests in all golf areas throughout the resort. Be attentive, offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it. Always have a smile on your face, it is the most important part of your uniform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Responsible for edging and raking bunkers (mechanical rake and hand rake).
- Responsible for digging trenches.
- Weed eat and fill divots.
- Edge sprinkler heads, cart paths, drains and yardage plates.
- Picking up debris, clean maintenance facilities and apply fertilizers.
- Cleaning equipment, maintenance facilities and pick up debris.
- Operate blowers to blow cart paths and turf areas.
- Assist other areas/departments as needed with their job tasks.
- Be observant and report to supervisor any abnormal condition in regards to the turf or variations from normal course conditions.
- Be receptive to, and implement, safety training as well as the proper operation of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Be courteous and professional while interacting with Guests and other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the resort:
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as a team player with all departments.
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments.
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees.
- Any and all duties and responsibilities as assigned to you by Ownership or Senior Vice President and General Manager.
- High school degree preferred but not required.
- Prior golf course maintenance experience preferred but not required.
Basic Required Skills
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision. Must possess supervisory and management skills to communicate and express ideas and directives clearly to employees.
- Must possess basic computational ability. Must possess basic computer skills. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the rooms discipline and hospitality profession, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches. Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Walking and standing are required of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.