DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other leading companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP), third-party logistics (3PL) provider and supply chain consultant, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service to customers and facilitating growth and change.
At DSC, we think of ourselves as an extension of our Customers’ companies, of their brands. And, we know that everything depends on our execution. High-performing operations are the foundation of our business and partnerships, establishing our credibility.
Our promise to customers and employees is to uphold high standards of integrity, responsibility and accountability, based on open communication, collaboration and trust. As a values-based organization with roots as a family-founded company, DSC has always been committed to creating a culture of accountability and high ethical standards.
Not supporting sponsorships at this time, must be authorized to work in the US!
The Senior Industrial Engineer is responsible for ensuring Regional or Customer Specific Logistics Centers operate efficiently on a day-to-day basis while reducing year-over-year costs.. This position will focus on best practice adherence, service level enhancements, tools utilization, operating environment optimization, and tactical analysis work. The chosen candidate will frequently present and update DSC management and our customers on improvement projects geared towards reducing annual spend.
Given DSC’s dynamic environment, this will require a structured and creative approach to problem solving and the ability to effectively partner with operations management, operations optimization, customers, and forklift operators alike to reduce variable labor costs. Ability to drive and sustain change in a positive manner is paramount.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of process improvements that will reduce or eliminate costs from the customer’s supply chain by focusing on safety, service, accuracy, and performance
- Utilize Lean techniques and tools to remove waste across the supply chain
- Defend integrity of implemented methods and solutions
- Provide technical background regarding solution creation process internal/external)
- Evaluate new technology alternatives as potential solutions to existing problems
- Create ROIs to justify new cost reducing initiatives
- Drive structured use of all tools and information within Logistics Centers
- Validate and update labor standards
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs
- Identifies opportunities and implements improvements within value added service areas of Logistics Centers
- Collaborate with operations management and/or other departments to ensure well thought out solutions are implemented and sustained
- Cultivate vendor relationships to ensure low cost/high value
- Integrate subject matter knowledge within industry, relevant related disciplines, program/process design principles, and business strategies to reach goals
- Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision
- Prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects of moderate to high complexity with minimal oversite
- Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Support corporate continuous improvement initiatives by ensuring flawless initial execution and sustained adoption
- Effectively manage transitions from project to project
- Develop and champion project work, to achieve sustainable results
- Partner with operations management to develop a true team approach that leads to world class performance and enhances worker satisfaction
- Delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions
- Train operations management and forklift operators on all aspects of labor management program
- Champion innovative and radically different approaches to ensure DSC remains a low-cost leader in the market
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of leading tactical and strategic engineering projects within distribution environments
- Experience working with and/or implementing labor management programs that generated sustainable variable labor savings
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in SQL, data pulling, data analytics
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to travel to logistics centers as needed (up to 70% based on project activity)
- Ability to work across a network and effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled in conveying information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization
- Objective and resilient when presenting findings and insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.