Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is growing and as a result of our growth, we are looking for an experienced full-cycle Recruiter to join us This position will be responsible for supporting the Children’s Community Services (CCS) Network across the state of Illinois. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with managers to develop and execute effective recruiting strategies.
- Provide full-cycle recruiting support to a range of vacancies across the network
- Proactively identify and analyze trends, issues and opportunities relevant to executing effective recruiting strategies and to provide appropriate guidance and insight to key stakeholders.
- Develop recruiting strategies to include active and passive candidates.
- Establish working relationships with area schools, community colleges and universities as an employer of choice. Represent LSSI at career fairs.
- Provide direction, guidance and training to hiring managers on recruiting and recruiting related questions.
- Review and screen applicants, preparing candidate summaries for review by hiring managers.
- Foster a positive candidate experience from initial recruiter communication, the interview process up through and including offers and onboarding.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of proven success as a full-cycle Recruiter, working in a fast-paced environment required.
- Prior experience working with a social services agency would be an added plus.
- Prior experience with career/job fairs and college recruiting.
- Experienced in identifying passive candidates.
- Have a flexible schedule to allow for peak and slower recruiting times.
- Requires travel within the state of Illinois. Some overnight travel required.
- Requires a valid Drivers’ License, proof of current auto insurance, with an excellent driving record and a reliable mode of transportation.
- Requires experience with Applicant Tracking Systems. Familiarity with Jobvite preferred.
- Time management abilities to stay on track while working remotely.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations impacting recruiting, selection and the hiring process.
Other requirements include:
- A Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or a related field is preferred but at least some college along with required experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills are a must!
- Excellent computer/pc skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to successfully multi-task and handle a large volume of openings at any given time
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.