DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other leading companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP), third-party logistics (3PL) provider and supply chain consultant, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service to customers and facilitating growth and change.
At DSC, we think of ourselves as an extension of our Customers’ companies, of their brands. And, we know that everything depends on our execution. High-performing operations are the foundation of our business and partnerships, establishing our credibility.
Our promise to customers and employees is to uphold high standards of integrity, responsibility and accountability, based on open communication, collaboration and trust. As a values-based organization with roots as a family-founded company, DSC has always been committed to creating a culture of accountability and high ethical standards.
Not supporting sponsorships at this time, must be authorized to work in the US!
We currently have an opening in our Engineering Department at our Corporate office in Des Plaines, IL for an Industrial Engineer in our Existing Customer Operations Engineering team. As a member of the engineering team at the corporate office this position will assist in supporting 40+ distribution centers nationwide.
- Coach Supervisors and Operators on Best Practices
- Support new business initiatives and start-up facilities
- Lead operations improvement projects at individual facilities
- Offer facility layout and design as well as modification of existing space
- Data analysis on picklines, capacity, and product
- Maintain inventory locator system
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Develop programs for operational effectiveness using knowledge-based tools
- Interact with all levels of business professionals
Job Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- 1-3 years of industrial engineering experience in warehouse and distribution environments
- Continual improvement mindset and experience with Lean/Six Sigma tools
- Demonstrated skills in using data to analyze root causes to resolve problems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience presenting
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Regular travel to logistics centers required (50% based on project activity)
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.