Associate Legal Counsel
HydroExtrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Rosemont, IL
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
JobSummary: Hydro Extrusion North America is seeking an attorney to join our high-performing in-house Legal team based in Rosemont, IL. This full-time position will report directly to the Vice President & Head of Lead - North America (General Counsel). Although the attorney will initially work under close supervision of the Head of Legal and other attorneys on the team, the attorney will be expected to work more independently over time. Depending on the level of experience, the title of the position will be either Associate Legal Counsel or Legal Counsel.
- Juris Doctorate from a fully accredited U.S. law school with an overall grade point average of at least 3.5/4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be (or become) licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois.
- At least two years of work experience as a practicing attorney.
- The ideal candidate will have stellar contract drafting, reviewing, and negotiating skills, will be a highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter, and will be able to work efficiently and effectively under deadline pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required, as are the abilities to proactively manage multiple projects, and to take initiative and apply practical common sense solutions, all in a fast-paced environment that may require quick response times.
- Strong business judgment, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills are desirable, along with the desire and ability to learn and grow.
- Prior in-house legal department experience is preferred, particularly in areas such as commercial contracts, dispute resolution, compliance, data privacy, and/or employment law.
- MS Office skills are desirable.
The position is expected to work on a variety of legal matters. Potential matters include the following:
- Partner with internal clients and Legal team colleagues to respond to requests for assistance on a wide range of legal issues.
- Support ongoing compliance initiatives, including validating implementation of corrective actions, delivering training, and executing other strategic initiatives.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad variety of contracts dealing with our customers and suppliers including non-disclosure agreements, supply agreements, energy agreements, data privacy agreements, stocking/consignment agreements, sales representative agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Gather and prepare information necessary to resolve disputes, develop legal arguments, draft demand letters, handle subpoenas, and work with outside counsel and/or in-house colleagues to handle more complex litigation matters.
- Assist with employment-related matters including proactive training, providing legal advice, responding to EEOC Charges, and working with outside counsel on workers compensation and other claims.
- Assist with an array of strategic enterprise-wide projects including introducing new internal legal playbooks and templates.
- Handle various real estate and environmental matters for our owned and leased locations, corporate secretary filings, and intellectual property matters.
- Actively partner with and manage outside counsel in the limited matters in which they are engaged.
- 10-20% travel to North American plant locations, with international travel to one global Legal team meeting per year.
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
Please note that in-office presence and travel will be reflective of the most recent guidelines related to COVID-19 (working from our offices is voluntary as of the date of this posting).
At Hydro youre part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form belowor by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.