An Alten Company, Cprime is a global consulting firm helping transforming businesses get in sync. Cprime is the partner of choice for Fortune 100 companies looking to achieve value and agility. We help visionary business leaders compose solutions, execute implementations, and exceed against business goals. With our key partnership recognitions, including Atlassian Platinum, AWS Advanced, and SAFe Gold partner, our industry-leading software and services work in synergy to deliver transformations.
Are you a Senior Developer, DevOps Engineering Lead, or Development Manager tired of the monotony and want to make a real difference and impact for teams? Are you looking for the next step in your agile career journey? Do you get excited about making teams better?
We're looking for strong technical coaches who love teaching and mentoring technical teams on cutting-edge technologies and techniques. You will get to be hands-on and actively building your expertise in modern code development while teaching others! Our technical coaches are leaders who can build relationships and work well with a team of coaches and client product teams through continuously iterating and transforming the way people think, interact, and work through the product development lifecycle. Bringing your hands-on, software engineering expertise and understanding of configuration management, continuous integration, test-driven development, DevOps, and other technical practices, you will help our clients adopt Agile and DevOps Technical Best Practices that work for their organization throughout the entire SDLC.
- Coach teams in planning, implementing and delivering high quality software utilizing modern Agile practices and principles
- Help teams bridge the gap between business and technology
- Develop high performing teams and organizations that focus on the consistent and repeated delivery of business value
- Teach and coach on unit testing principles and practices, including how to write good tests and test-driven development (TDD)
- Identify and find solutions with strong design patterns knowledge
- Assist organizations in all aspects of standing up high functioning teams
- Facilitated workshops/learning sessions around topics such as: refactoring legacy code, test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, DevOps, micro-services, automation, cloud, etc.
- Work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience working with various tech stacks, deep knowledge in either Java and/or .NET, experience working with Cloud a plus
- Pragmatic approach to application of agile methodologies and best practices:
- o Not prescriptive, with a theoretical definition of what’s needed in every scenario
- o Instead looks at the challenge, dependencies, constraints, and applies the right tools based on their knowledge of various methodologies/frameworks of agile
- o Believes in introducing the minimum amount of process necessary to drive an intended outcome versus “you have agile/Scrum/SAFe/whatever”
- Deep understanding in Extreme Programming (XP practices, CI, CD, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Hands-on coding experience as a software developer, software engineer, or software tester using XP, Lean / Agile methodologies within software, infrastructure, hardware, and operational environments
- Ability to demonstrate modern programming best practices or test first development
- Senior-level skills in systems architecture, design, development, and programming in object-oriented and relational databases and client server platforms
- Experience in leading and mentoring technical teams, and showing others how to write code
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and communication, both written and spoken
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or related degree
- Proficient with software technical stack including Java, .Net/C#, C, C++. Strong technical knowledge in Java or .NET desired
- Working knowledge of one or more Agile Lifecycle Management tools including Atlassian Tool Suite, Jira, Rally, VersionOne, Trello (or equivalent)
- Good work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams across different time zones
- Responsive to internal and external requests
- Experience in consulting and solution based professional services would be nice to have
Specific Requirements Include:
- At least 5 years’ experience building software products - background of having role(s) as a developer, automation engineer, or ops person in the past and are still actively coding today
- At least 2 years’ experience as a coach, lead or in a role that requires influencing others (not just an individual contributor)
- MUST have the ability to travel 80% (a typical work week would be Monday through Thursday on-site at the client’s location)
Methods aren't built overnight. They're built in the day-to-day.
Cprime transforms businesses with consulting, managed services, and custom solutions that deliver performance. Agile, DevOps, Product, Tooling, Cloud in unison.
An Alten Company, Cprime is a global consulting firm that is both product focused and consultation focused. Cprime is the partner of choice for Fortune 100 companies looking to achieve value and agility. We help visionary business leaders compose solutions, execute implementations, and exceed against business goals. With our key partnership recognitions, including Atlassian Platinum, AWS Advanced, and SAFe Gold partner, our industry-leading software and services work in synergy to deliver transformations.
We operate in multiple locations across the US including the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, the Midwest, and Philadelphia, and a fast growing global footprint in India and Europe.
Who is a Cprimer?
We are dreamers and believers. We are the creatives and thinkers. Cprimers deliver!
PLAYFUL - We're not the stodgy types of yesteryear. We're professional...and playful.
STRUCTURED - We're structured in our thinking...But aren't afraid to shake things up.
INSIGHTFUL - We act deliberately...and react dynamically.
We're constantly on the move to find what's best for any situation.
We keep our skills sharp and knowledge sharper by learning new technologies and training according to the most recent standards.
We champion flexibility and improvisation over perfection, using Agile practices to build better and keep improving.
We hold each other accountable and encourage everyone to bring their best selves to work.
More than just great coaches, we want to hire great people. We move fast, work hard, and play hard too so we want you to know our expectations up front:
· Smart, quick learner – we lead our industry and want to keep pushing
· Gets things done – efficient and organized
· We strive to make things better
· We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
· Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions