Software Engineer I
Are you passionate about delighting customers with the software you write? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with innovative and well-crafted software? Do you enjoy exploring and working with emerging cloud native technologies?
Group Benefits offers quality, affordable employee benefits our customers can depend on. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work as a full stack developer in languages like React, NodeJS, and Java along with cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud. You will work as part of a cross-functional team reimagining the next generation of business processes, systems and user experiences that will make it easy to integrate with us and set us ahead of the competition.
As a member of the team you will share responsibilities in:
- Participate and foster an atmosphere of innovation and experimentation
- Work in an agile/lean and DevOps environment with a focus on product development
- Strive for customer focus through high collaboration with our business, digital partners, and teams all with diverse perspectives
- Work with emerging cloud native technologies to build rich user experiences and highly scalable systems
- Develop well-crafted software and constantly improve upon it by applying industry standards, patterns and best practices
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field or equivalent experience) or equivalent
- Software or data engineering experience (professional, academic, or community exposure)
- Experience working across multiple languages (eg: React, Node.js, Typescript, Java or Python)
- Basic planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Must have the desire to learn new technology and continuously grow
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both It and non-IT partners
- May be required to provide on-call support
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Experience with front end technologies and/or front-end frameworks
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience building pipelines
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$58000 - $80000 / year
This position is located in Des Moines, IA and we are open to those willing to work a hybrid model.
How we hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.