At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
Administration of acquired member assets, including loan level tracking of serious defaults as well as servicer oversight. Serve as a subject matter expert relative to 1-4 family mortgage underwriting for other groups the Bank. Responsible for administration of the quality control oversight structure for the Bank's Mortgage Products. Responsible for monitoring and reporting relative to mortgage key risk indicators for the Bank.
- Manage the loss mitigation process with PFI's via High Level Concern reviews and Repurchase notification and tracking of rebuttals and final disposition.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to mortgage product guidelines to ensure they provide an appropriate framework to manage risks, as well as to ensure the Bank maintains compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Implement, monitor, and report exceptions related to key mortgage risk metrics in accordance with MPG and Bank procedures.
- Provide MPP portfolio metrics and related expertise required by other Bank departments for SEC reporting and disclosure.
- Mitigate credit and operational risk of the mortgage portfolio by holding program participants to their contractual obligations with the Bank.
- Maintain a mortgage quality control program to minimize potential loss exposure. Oversee the MPF QC sampling process and identify supplemental QC usage as appropriate. Initiate dialogue with PFIs regarding QC findings an identify opportunities for PFI education or necessity for corrective actions. Track QC findings and remediation within internal systems in addition to monitoring of QC trending via MPF Provider reporting.
- Monitor and manage mortgage servicer relationships including servicer reviews and transfers.
- Manage the MPP SMI claims process, including providing guidance to servicers on loan disposition (short sales, foreclosure, REO marketing, etc.); reviewing SMI claims for accuracy and eligibility; and submitting wires for claim payments as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance and suitability of document custodian vendors including managing the transfer of custodians and conducting onsite reviews as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field preferred.
- 6 years' experience in mortgage compliance; auditing or compliance testing experience (5 years).
- Experience with mortgage lending; excellent working knowledge of federal banking laws and regulations governing the banking business.
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations and analyze processes to ensure these meet regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management ability required.
- Formal compliance training required; compliance certification preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organization skills.
- Highly-motivated, results-oriented individual who is able to work independently.
- Ability to work with accuracy and demonstrate timeliness in completing tasks.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity, ability to protect confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment and professionalism.
- Excellent facilitation/training skills.
- Able to work cooperatively and maintain effective communication and working relationship with co-workers and management.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient with personal computers, experience with Windows, Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) preferred.