The Operating Engineer supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals and recognition.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- General interior maintenance – hang pictures, repair office furniture systems, minor plumbing
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Building Engineer role.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license and pass MVR check.
- Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of three years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.