POSITION: Machinist - Mold Making - 3rd Shift
LOCATION: Des Moines, IA
25+ year-old Des Moines molding company is seeking Machinists to join their talented, dedicated, and growing team. This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build components for engineering projects and use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer, and provides tooling support.
3rd shift 10:00PM-6:30AM Sun-Thu (15% shift differential)
- Cleans and maintains production tools and molds
- Builds components for new tools, existing tools, and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department
- Reads and interprets plans from paper drawings or computer files
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses, and trouble-shoots existing molds to make improvements, corrections, or repairs
- Works with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and with precision
- High school diploma or GED
- Two-year Tool & Die degree or four years of experience in tooling or mold making preferred
- Experience using metal saws, mills, grinders, and lathes
- Knowledge of Windows-based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD, and Solid Works
- Interest in 3rd Shift work
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration, please send us your most current and up-to-date resume.