Manager, Clin Ops II - Line Manager
Remote in the USA
Why settle for one thing when you can have everything?
Covance gives you the best two-for-one opportunity for career growth. Who doesn't want twice the perks? Working at Covance—one of the largest FSP CROs—and partnering with one sponsor with a dedicated therapeutic focus. You can have it all!
As a Covance employee dedicated to an FSP project, you will bring your specialized discipline to a core team working directly with one sponsor. Whether your specialization is in clinical monitoring, clinical project management, data management, biometrics or pharmacovigilance, Covance has an FSP opportunity to match your area of expertise.
You will enjoy the best of both worlds—all the benefits that come along with Covance's Energizing Purpose, Exceptional People and Extraordinary Potential combined with working exclusively with one sponsor and this also comes with the benefit of bringing your strong therapeutic experience to allow your expertise to shine through.
Covance's FSP model is flexible and scalable. Our teams are collaborative and proactive – a great place for you to continue honing your therapeutic skills and growing and excelling in new and exciting research.
Covance's reach is global – extending to 60+ countries making us one of the largest FSP CROs. No matter where you are located on the globe, we have an FSP opportunity for you.
In this role, the selected candidate will supervise direct reports within Flexible Solutions (FSPx) including responsiblity for detailed performance review and management of assigned direct reports including: Annual Performance Management and Development (PMD), Individual Development Plan (IDP), Line of Sight Goals and “Shoves & Tugs“ and appropriate management and resolution of performance issues; effectively communicate management strategies, policies and procedures in conjunction with leadership teams; develop and maintain effective relationships with management team to manage assigned staff in a matrix environment and maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients to ensure opportunity for acquiring additional new business.
- Regulatory oversight of direct reports by ensuring regulatory training is executed,understood and implemented; Provide input to relevant SOPs and standard plans/templates when applicable
- Ensures training record compliance with training matrix and ensures training records are up to date; assist with coordination and implementation of on-boarding of new direct reports ensuring GCP training before study-related activities begins
- Hold staff accountable for issue escalation to the management team, the sponsor and QA and also for quality and compliance with project plan and adherence to contract obligations
- Coach staff to own effective Investigator relations and Investigator oversight when applicable; encourage use of standardized processes and tools
- Report status of assigned workload of direct reports and ensure allocation reports are updated; perform weekly review of direct report billable hours and utilization (in context of project allocation, supply and demand); escalate of outliers and assists management team for mitigation; adheres to global tools for monitoring and utilization forecasting
University/College degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriate accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology
- 5 years direct Clinical research experience or combined with other relevant experience (i.e. worked as a Clinical Team Leader/Project Manager at a Pharma company or CRO)
- Individual proficiency with managing direct reports or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job