Event Manager - Hilton Des Moines Downtown
The Event Manager at Hilton Des Moines Downtown will execute written sales agreements for meetings and events with a high level of customer service. The ideal candidate will be a multi-tasking, organized, team player with a can-do attitude. The Hilton Des Moines, IA is the only hotel connected to the Iowa Events Center by skyway. Come join our Team and grow you career with Hilton.
The Hilton Des Moines Downtown is a bright, modern hotel in step with the tech-centric area. Part of the Des Moines Skywalk system, the hotel is connected to the Iowa Events Center – perfect for convention attendees – and offers quick access to offices, local dining and Des Moines attractions. This property boasts 330 guest rooms and suites, an indoor pool, fitness center, and 14,000 sq. ft. of stylish event space.
Hotel and/or Events venue experience
What will I be doing?
Communicate clearly between customers and the hotel by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the pre-planning and execution of on-site events. Maximize revenue and control expenses through effective planning, negotiation of services, and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful execution of all meetings and events to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately prepare reports, correspondence, and analysis relative to Event activity such as call reports, forecasts, menu proposals, customer correspondence, banquet event orders, resume, post event report and internal memos or communications.
- Direct guestroom, meeting, and event logistics to respective departments and team members.
- Manage customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block, food and beverage requirements, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Analyze customers’ service and product needs relative to the financial requirements of the property.
- Authorize appropriate resolution of customers’ concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Direct customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Participate in internal and external training and industry events; Customer Focused Events, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
- Communicate clearly and accurately (verbally or non-verbally) in a pleasant manner.
- Show competence by completing job responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate an ability to follow a prescribed sequence of service with each encounter.
- Take initiative, be willing to assume responsibility for exceeding guests’ expectations.Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with professionalism
- Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivationProficiency in the use of computer systems including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend requests, memos, proposals, and correspondence.Possess a good understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with checklists, standards, and hotel policies.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!