We are seeking a talented Enterprise Compliance Manager to support the development, implementation and ongoing management of the organization's ERM Compliance Management program. The person in this role will be the second line support for the management of the Compliance Management program, as well as enhancement of the ERM Regulatory Compliance risk assessment process. The Enterprise Compliance Manager provides oversight for the first line of business to ensure a uniform and effective approach to incorporate compliance into their overall business strategy and operation. This position interacts and collaborates regularly with various levels of management, within all business lines, as well as Risk and Legal.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Assists in the ongoing development and operations of the Company's Compliance Management program, and in the establishment of a comprehensive compliance framework with formalized roles and responsibilities across the three lines of defense.
- Supports the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Compliance Management Program Library, which includes policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Partners with Compliance delegates, within the business units, to develop and enhance first line of defense business compliance plans.
- Works directly with various business functions to identify and report potential compliance risks and opportunities that exist within the Company's operating environment.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program for training personnel, and conducts training in effective control management, regulatory compliance subjects.
- Manages regulatory compliance incident and issues management process.
- Assists Director, Compliance with compliance risk assessments (product and vendor), second line testing, regulatory reviews/examinations, and other regulatory oversight activities.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college in business or related field plus minimum 5 years' experience working regulatory compliance projects and/or supporting a regulatory compliance management program for federally regulated financial institutions, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience in process or project management.
- Credit Union industry experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Recognized regulatory compliance certification (CRCM, NCCO, CUCE, or other similar designation) is also preferrable.
- Thorough knowledge of field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, federal banking regulations, such as Bank Secrecy Act Regulations, Electronic Funds Transfer, Truth in Savings and Availability of Funds and/or Truth in Lending, RESPA, Equal Credit Opportunity.
- Knowledge of the roles and importance of each of the three lines of defense, and awareness of regulatory/legislative developments and industry trends as a means to proactively identify regulatory risk.
- Proficient PC knowledge and the use of standard software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience assessing and articulating compliance risks in complex businesses environments.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, or administering Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) technology tools.
- Excellent analytical, written/oral communication and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as ability to prioritize workload using good judgment, while balancing the need for an immediate response with accuracy and completeness of information.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.