Department: Mobile Rebranding
Location: Sites throughout the US
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Housby is looking for a Body & Paint Technician to join our Mobile Rebranding Team. This position is responsible for traveling with a dedicated Team to locations around the US to perform the duties of small touch ups, prepping, painting and installation of safety stickers, and necessary graphics to fulfill the rebranding process for our customers. If you possess a strong work ethic and would like to gain experience with an established organization, please apply today!
WHY HOUSBY: Housby, a family-owned business for over 50 years, offers a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and compensation package, and most importantly, a culture that promotes growth along with celebrating success. Here at Housby we realize that our greatest asset remains our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Stay focused with top performance and quality without constant supervision.
- Work within the guidelines and processes set by management.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere with your Team.
- Prime, paint, and touch-up vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes.
- Mask, unmask, or adjust masking as necessary to ensure specifications are met.
- Wet, sand, and buff different metals and fiberglass as needed.
- Sand, wash and condition equipment and truck parts, as necessary.
- Perform minor disassembly and reassembly as needed.
- Operate a paint gun properly, and flush tanks, hoses, and paint guns prior to color changeovers.
- Mix types of paints and coatings to the formula designed, for the conditions, viscosity and consistency that are necessary.
- Remove and apply necessary safety stickers, DOT identification, company logos and advertisement graphics.
- Maintain the upkeep of your designated work area on location, along with your mobile equipment, which may include preventative maintenance tasks.
- Must follow the company's safety rules and policies.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Remove and replace attached parts.
- Ability to properly tape off a vehicle for refinishing.
- Minimum of one-year experience working in a Body and/or Paint Shop, preferably with heavy duty vehicles and/or equipment.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time.
- Experience priming and painting is highly preferred.
- Experience sanding and scraping is preferred.
- Experience in decal removal and installation is a plus.
- Posses a valid driver's license and driving record to match company requirements.
- Must have and follow Housby's Core Values
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Willing to continue education as directed is a plus.
- Safety glasses and safety shoes are required at all times.
- Respirator required when painting, and during paint preparation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Be able to withstand hot summer temperatures.
- Work tools are provided.
- The work environment for this position is varied due to the differences in our work sites. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic and outside weather conditions.
- Works indoors and outdoors
- Noise level is usually moderate to very loud.
- Some weekends and evening hours will be required.
- Competitive Pay (Based on Experience)
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, competitive PTO structure, holiday pay, and more.
- Energetic and transparent work environment with a great company culture. Driven, motivated, and talented support team.
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
Housby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.