Associate Production Manager | Iowa Events Center & Wells Fargo Arena
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
This position oversees the production staff during events. In addition performs various duties relating to the audio/visual systems and IT for the Iowa Events Center.
- Supply AV support to all events, including sports teams, shows, and concerts
- Support Operations department in technical needs during set up and running of events
- Maintain all security standards of the Iowa Events Center at all times
- Maintain equipment storage, ensure orderly and clean storage area
- Support, maintain, and inventory all AV Equipment
- Maintain good working relationship with all vendors
- Edit digital video for upcoming events
- Report any system failures to Production Manager promptly
- Hire, schedule and train all part time production staff
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action for production staff
- Responsible for coordination of all video and electronic advertising displayed during events
- Responsible for video production of all games and events (where required) in house
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- Be helpful and communicative with other staff members
- College degree in Video Production or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience with sound and video equipment including wireless mics, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, video boards, etc.
- Experience with multi-camera production
- Working knowledge of DMX controls (lighting, other live effects) is a plus
- Experience with signal routing and patching
- Electrical engineering experience is a bonus
- Specific experience with Ross, Newtek and Panasonic production equipment a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work events outside normal working day, including nights and weekends
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to Windows OS and Mac OS basics is preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing all phases of video production and crew
- Demonstrated experience in editing
- Demonstrated experience in sound reinforcement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.