Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Support and work with pharmacist to achieve outstanding pharmaceutical care.
- Actively assist the pharmacist under their direct supervision in most phases of prescription filling of new, refill and transfer prescriptions in accordance with current laws, ethics and company policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
- Thoroughly understand and operate the pharmacy register, computer software and telephony system.
- Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer focus both in person and on telephone.
- Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information and resolution of rejected adjudication.
- Initiate prescription renewal requests to doctor via telephone call or fax where applicable by law.
- Understand pharmacy inventory control procedures, including special requirements for controlled substances.
- Receive and obtain information needed on written prescriptions or telephoned refill requests from customers.
- Perform register functions and bag customer purchases in accordance with established store procedures, including verifying customer's name, address and expected quantity of prescriptions at time of pickup.
- Relay specific communications to customer from technician or pharmacist processing prescription.
- Maintain solid communication within the department.
- Successfully apply training to everyday pharmacy practice.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
- Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling
containers, and pricing prescriptions.
- Ensure customers receive all their prescriptions.
- File written prescriptions forms after prescriptions are dispensed.
- Prepare and complete manual insurance claim forms.
- Maintain organized filing system for invoices, manual insurance claims, daily reports,
etc. in accordance with Standard Practice Manual and state law.
- Help customers find over the counter items.
- Maintain a broad understanding of HBC MPP scheduling system.
- Assist in data entry of MPP information.
- Maintain attendance and vacation log information.
- Understand Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
- Order, stock, maintain and return pharmacy inventory through proper supplier.
- Assist in processing pharmacy outdates and credits including keeping inventory free
from outdated product.
- Assist in preparation of pharmaceutical products for inventory.
- Share in responsibility for department maintenance and cleanliness in accordance with
- Maintain pharmacy department supplies (e.g. bottles, bags, labels, staples, etc.).
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with
company personal appearance policy.
- Work within our company's management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support company's safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or
maintenance work needed. Keep work area free of debris and safety hazards.
- Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Maintain the quality of department's appearance and presentation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
CLOSES 07/09/2020 Requirements Qualifications:
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Effective time management skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Good problem solving abilities, ability to focus and attention to detail.
- High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
- Use computer/keyboard/mouse/biometric scanner 100% of time.
- Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.
- Clerical accuracy skills and mathematical skills including the ability to operate cash register.
- Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
- Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up to 20 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
- Bend at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the work day.
- Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers. Apply On-line