Our Dental Hygienist develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient teaching under the supervision of a qualified Dentist.
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related clinical field
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Dental Hygienist
- Current License as a Dental Hygienist
- Current CPR certification
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient, uses patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting; takes patient vital signs as required.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides; and related procedures.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Performs patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate.
- Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films as needed
- Performs intra-oral tasks with dentist supervision
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit(s) according to specifications
- Notifies H.S.A if equipment is not in appropriate working order
- Inventories supplies and equipment maintaining adequate levels as indicated
- Assists in performing of intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays
- Ensures that sufficient number of trays is set up for the days patients; pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam, and perio/scaling
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic through careful sanitation practices
- Completes daily instrument count sheet maintaining security control of all instruments within the dental office
- If daily instruments count is incorrect, they complete reports to Security and H.S.A
- Performs dental screenings as directed
- Completes weekly: Cleans developer, Cleans autoclave, Prepares weekly report
- Completes monthly: Cleans x-ray unit and film processor, Submits monthly statistics report to H.S.A.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer