Bindery Equipment Operator
Sets up and operates the bindery equipment and guillotine cutter station for the book printing operation. Palletizes finished product.
- Sets up and operates the bindery equipment and guillotine cutter station.
- Performs continuous inspections on trimming, gluing, cover placement, cooling and cutting functions to ensure achievement of productivity targets and quality standards.
- Ensures that covers are adhering to the book.
- Conducts machine changeovers throughout the day.
- Troubleshoots equipment and makes minor repairs as needed. Alerts department mechanic of any technical problems.
- Palletizes finished product.
- Maintains and completes various reports including time and production records as required.
- Keeps machinery clean and performs routine operator services to maintain the orderliness and operating status of the machines.
- Follows standard operating procedures as instructed and adopts practives and behaviors that achieve efficiency and productivity rates.
- Adheres to quality specifications within each assignment and performs prescribed quality checks as instructed.
- Works collaboratively as member of team and must demonstrate and support Harlequin's Core Values/Guiding Behaviors when working with others.
- Follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Supports 5S initiatives ensuring areas are clean and free from debris and pallets.
- Performs marginal tasks
Educcation and/or Experience:
- H.S. education or GED required. Mechanical aptitude required.
- Six months to one-year previous machine operation with experience in troubleshooting, setup and operation preferred.
- Knowledge of UPC/EAN cover codes preferred.
- Knowledge of PkMS (or other warehouse management system) preferred.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machines and identify and correct problems.
- Must be able to perform stock verifications and quality checks.
- Must be able to use sound judgment and decision making skills while troubleshooting and operating machines.
- Must be able to communicate (articulate) with Mechanic and other printing equipment operators.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, hear, grasp, operate objects and controls, reach with hands and arms, use close and distant vision and adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stoop, bend, crouch, use computer, lift up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally required to talk, climb stairs, and lift from 10 to 25 lbs.
- Frequently works near moving parts.
- Regularly exposed to paper dust.
- Regularly works with noise of moderate levels.