Embark (verb) to make, start or begin
We are a financial consulting firm founded by a non-accountant, entrepreneur challenging the status quo. We believe people can actually love their jobs, work hard, AND enjoy having a life. Our mission is to provide peace of mind to corporate finance & business leaders, and we take it very seriously. As we strive to bring a new twist to the professional services work, our people and culture REALLY do determine our decisions and our future. We're growing quickly, but not at the expense of our culture or people.
Who we’re looking for...
To excel in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter who is ready to perform on day one. We're looking for leaders that love building relationships. It's a small world and people with the ability to build relationships and connect the dots between business processes, are the people that we want to run our business development efforts. We’re building a driven team of people who truly “like people” and desire to serve and help them. People who know what to say, when to say it, and are always seeking to provide value.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be the ultimate relationship builder harnessing hard work, discipline, and strategic ability to prospect and build a client base of CFO's, CAO's, VP/Directors of Accounting, and Corporate Controllers. Practically, this looks like calls, emails, networking events and meeting with potential clients. Success comes from quickly analyzing business needs and articulating how Embark can provide solutions to corporate finance leaders.
If this role sounds exciting, apply and let's start the conversation! We want to make sure Embark is a fit for you, so please create a Plum Profile and take the Culture Index Survey. Take this chance to learn more about your talents, and apply that knowledge as you grow your career.
Plum Profile ->http://bit.ly/2RQdG3L
Culture Index Survey -> https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A381D4
To be a good fit for our our Business Development role you will have:
- 5+ years of experience building successful relationships with CFO's, CEO's or Corporate Controllers
- Undergraduate degree (required)
- Knowledge of business processes, specifically financial & accounting processes
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel and Apple products
- Keen attention to detail
- A proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to learn quickly with limited instruction
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong planning and project management skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Masters degree
- Experience in finance & accounting recruiting or consulting business development
- Hubspot experience
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive compensation, no corporate cap or limit on your earnings ($70,000 - $200,000 is a typical range)
- We pay 100% of premiums for you and your entire family on health, vision, and life insurance, and short and long-term disability
- We match 50% to 6% on our 401K
- Fully paid parental leave for all new parents
- Monthly stipend for family gym memberships
- All the technology you’ll need to be successful, the most advanced software, and accessories to ensure you get the job done in style
- Monthly team outings (think: axe throwing, a trip to the State Fair, go-kart races, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you, cheers!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Upon offer of employment, employees will be asked to submit to a background check and drug screen. Dependent on ongoing client requirements, employees may also be asked to submit to a drug screening and background check throughout employment.