We are First Western Trust.
Individually, we are entrepreneurs, advisors, art collectors, and more. Together, we are a team with a mission to be the best. We find ways to share and celebrate excellent work; we are prepared to go above and beyond to do what's right; we work with purpose; we create new solutions that allow us to deliver better value; we expect and invite honesty from others; and we seek to understand before being understood.
This is who we are, how we work, what we believe, and what we expect.
Want to join a talented, creative group of professionals? First Western is currently seeking a Trust & Investment Operations Supervisor. This position is located steps away from Union Station in beautiful downtown Denver.
Summary of Job:
Receives, reviews and processes new and existing client account paperwork and performs related account and operational functions. Participates in special projects, as assigned. Performs daily processes under general supervision to support the department’s core functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with tax reporting vendors to ensure the timely completion and distribution of all tax reporting forms including K-1s, 1099s, 1099Rs, 5498s, etc.
- Receive, review and process new/existing client account paperwork.
- Process, review, and post ACH, wire, and check transactions on core system.
- Process IRA contributions and withdrawals.
- Input new account coding and required maintenance on core and investment portfolio accounting systems.
- Prepare and deliver transfer paperwork to prior custodians; monitor progress and follow-up on receipt of assets/funds
- Participate in the completion of special projects.
- Performs operational support duties, inclusive of the timely and accurate review and processing of periodic requests.
- Independently prioritizes tasks in order to meet deadlines and ensure consistent adherence to established SLAs.
- Cross-trains and learns continuously, acting as a peer resource for the cross-coverage of daily duties.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to as defined by management.
- Interface daily with client facing staff, custodians and third party providers.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to internal and external clients with an emphasis on prompt communication and follow up.
- Participates in the training of new staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in business administration, finance or accounting is required.
- 2+ years of experience in trust operations, investment operations, and/or financial services with experience in trust tax reporting is preferred.
- Intermediate-level familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Resiliency and ability to work in a highly time-sensitive environment.
- Adaptability and comfort with periodic change.
- Ability to work independently to gather information.
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements. Ability to lift up to 15lbs. Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment. Ability to drive to various locations* (certain positions only).
Looking to take your career to the next level? First Western is not only offering a competitive salary to start and full health (dental, vision) benefits, but also the following:
- Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Parking/Transportation Benefits
- Access to Training & Professional Development Programs
- Sponsorship for Obtaining Professional Certifications
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time-Off+ Bank Holidays
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect? Apply today.
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran