Transaction Services - Senior Associate
As a Senior Associate in our Transaction Services (TS) practice, you will be part of a team working hand in hand with our clients to help them evaluate the financial and commercial risks and opportunities associated with acquiring or selling a business. Most of the deals we advise on involve corporate or PE-backed middle-market entities, enabling you to work with numerous clients across a range of transactions of varying complexity. Here, TS operates as a dedicated, standalone practice that collaborates closely with other practice areas, resulting in greater visibility across our advisory work. As part of a 3–4-member project team, you’ll work closely with project leaders who are invested in your individual development along with the growth of the practice.
While much of your day-to-day work as a Senior Associate will involve supporting the team through client engagements (think: conducting research, developing client deliverables, and managing project timelines), you will augment your advisory toolkit by directly interfacing with clients and internal management teams, digging deep into transaction details, and delivering ongoing thought partnership.
What You’ll Do:
- Use financial acumen, including knowledge of accounting standards such as GAAP, to assist clients on a variety of financial, operational, and tax issues associated with M&A transactions
- Conduct and review research and analysis of a wide range of financial and accounting issues related to business transactions
- Assist in the preparation of quality of earnings and net working capital analyses for buy- and sell-side deals
- Participate in executive management interviews of target companies
- Draft sections of reports, presentations, and other client-facing deliverables
- Collaborate with project team to manage workstreams and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for developing and maintaining client relationships
- You get the job done and have fun doing it
- You thrive in an ever-changing, dynamic work environment
- You readily identify problems and instinctively look for solutions
- You demonstrate analytical rigor and strong written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy participating in internal and external company initiatives such as community service, training, recruiting, and firm events
- You have the ability and desire to travel as required based on client location
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of relevant transaction experience, including experience analyzing a target company’s quality of earnings (EBITDA), net working capital, and cash flows
- Advanced Excel skills, including knowledge of formulas such as SUMIF, SUMIFS, VLOOKUP, INDEXMATCH, etc.
At Riveron, you’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver meaningful solutions to a variety of clients, work alongside experienced leaders who are invested in your growth, and be part of an inclusive and vibrant community of individuals who truly love what they do and who they do it with. Our entrepreneurial culture is rooted in a belief that every perspective is uniquely valuable, and that spirit has enabled our significant growth. Along with that growth comes opportunity – for more impactful work, enhanced flexibility, and progressive benefits that support healthy, prosperous lives in and out of work.
Riveron is a people-first business advisory firm that operates at the center of the latest business trends. We partner with our clients – ranging from large global multinational organizations to high growth private entities – to solve the dynamic and complex issues faced by modern finance organizations.
Check us out on social media:
LinkedIn Glassdoor Instagram Facebook
Riveron Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that we are stronger together through our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.