EAST HIGH SCHOOL
Hourly, benefits eligible with minimum hours
Salary:$21.92 per hour
Dates Needed: April 6th, 2020 - May 29th, 2020
Subjects and Grades:
- Position begins in school year 2019-2020
- Grade 09 - Ninth
- Grade 10 - Tenth
- Grade 11 - Eleventh
- Grade 12 - Twelfth
- Moderate Needs
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Long Term Substitute Teacher teaches a diverse school student population grade level standards based curriculum in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies and Personal Development. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of conduct and behavior of assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
Knowledge, Experience, Other Qualifications:
- Must possess a current Colorado Teacher License with appropriate endorsement.
- Serves students from all eligibility categories. May need to teach literacy, math, language skills, behavioral skills, daily living skills, and/or adaptive skills, and may also provide physical care needs. Provides instruction at the large group, small group, and individual level. Collaborates with general education staff for successful inclusion of students.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
- Teacher: Initial Teacher License
- Teacher: Professional Teacher License
- Substitute Authorization (Five Year)
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
- Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
- Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the statein terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.