SNI Technology's client is immediately seeking to hire a Systems Engineer for an exciting full-time, direct-hire opportunity located in Denver, CO!
Systems Engineers will build and maintain the software in collaboration with the development team, and are integral to the success of our Software Development Life Cycle. On average, a Systems Engineer spends time automating tasks for efficiencies, evaluating new solutions, fixing operational gaps. A Systems Engineer shares in the responsibility to deliver a stable product at a high velocity of deployment.
Daily Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engineer technical solutions for the business supporting both development and operations.
- Design and implement compute infrastructure for in-house developed and third party applications.
- Design and maintain compute infrastructure life-cycle.
- Engineer network infrastructure for multi-site environment.
- Create and maintain infrastructure as code.
- Standardize continuous improvement and deployment process.
- Level three technical support.
- Participating in on-call rotation.
- Design and implement monitoring of applications and infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Lead problem-solving efforts involving outside vendor, other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of projects for enterprise systems.
- Provide recommendations for ways the company can utilize new technology.
- Champion change and process improvement.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, but experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years' experience in systems administration and/or application development required.
- Experienced in virtualization and containerization platforms as well as infrastructure/configuration as code.
- Strong Linux/UNIX knowledge required.
- Experience with network design including switching, routing, DNS, DHCP.
- Advanced understanding Web Server design.
- Solid scripting and knowledge of object oriented programming.
- AWS and cloud IaaS knowledge a plus.
- CI/CD concepts utilizing Jenkins, and Puppet is a plus.
Some recent toolsets we would like exposure with, include:
- Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines with Jenkins
- Containers, ideally DockerEE and Swarm
- HashiCorp Products
- Ruby and Python
Nice to have, experience driving the following concepts:
- DevOps: bridging the gap between operations (my teams) and development)
- Infrastructure as Code: building systems with reusable scripts
- Immutable infrastructure: No manual changes to the systems, rather redeploy to make adjustments
- Bots: automating and exposing standard work as bots for users to interact with
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
- Regular attendance required.
- Ability to execute on tasks remotely.
- Extensive computer work and collaboration in an office environment.
- Will provide support service during off hours.
- Both scheduled and non-scheduled night/weekend work is required.
- May lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis.