System Development Engineer
AWS EC2 is hiring at all experience levels in Seattle, WA and Denver, CO!
Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world's most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking top industry technical expert to grow our team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to government customers. We are seeking a talented engineer skilled in the art of integration who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how “things are usually done“ and is willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We're looking for a technical expert for one of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a master at EC2 platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will be able to measure your success by its visible impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of government services for our nation.
Apply to meet our talented team and let's see if you are the one that can help us scale to meet the demand of our largest government customers! Become our leading expert on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) products and services.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Our systems development engineers spend time:
* Investigating and developing new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers
* Maintaining the world's most advanced cloud computing infrastructure including Amazon Web Services EC2, EBS, ECS, and more.
* Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide and solving them proactively before impacting customers.
* Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem about to affect an entire nation.
* Studying and learning from industry recognized Amazon distinguished engineers.
* Celebrating our successes together every Friday at our team Happy Hours!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
- 7+ years of Linux experience
- 7+ years of development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages.
- 7+ years of multi-threaded, distributed development experience
- 5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $116k - 167k(yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.