Sitecore Digital Practice Architect
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
This position is responsible for leading Sitecore-Digital Strategy and technical architecture solutions for complex software applications. The role will guide the development of solutions while working cooperatively with a dedicated team.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities:
* Responsible for the implementation of a Sitcore Architecture and Strategy
Responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing the components, software, and layers required for complex software implementations based on requirements and design specifications.
* Works with the software development team to estimate, plan, design, and deliver software.
* Mentors and coaches other team members in design, coding, and software engineering practices.
* Understands the architectural direction and standards of the organization and helps to ensure that the team adheres to them appropriately.
* Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering to delivery.
* Leads the initial architecture elaboration effort at the beginning of the project and supports the initial requirements collection effort (particularly when it comes to understanding and evolving the non-functional requirements for the solution).
* Guides evolution of the architecture throughout the construction of the software.
* As a member of the Enterprise Architecture Group, supports the Application Development Practice in establishing, promoting, and governing the standards and practices used across software development projects.
* Participates in pre-sales activities, including development of proposed architecture and estimation of work effort.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* 10+ years of software development experience.
* 5+ years of development experience in Sitecore Strategy Solutions .
* 3+ years of experience as a Sitecore Architect.
* Experience with Sitecore Experience Platform and Analytics; Experience with Sitecore Integrations; Experience with Content Management Strategy and Vision
* Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
* Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
* Experience in mentoring and coaching employees.
* Good communication skills.
* Good leadership skills.
* Must be able to still code.
* Optional: Exposure to other CMS platforms
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience, and the ability to carefully walk a user through problem resolution steps either remotely or in person.
* "Embrace the Unknown" ability - be able to research and self-learn new concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the technical team.
* Expert in handling incidents/change requests ranging from at all levels of complexities with the instinctive ability to identify when to escalate an issue to the next level of support.
* Ability to prioritize/assign tasks, for themselves and/or more junior team members, in the most effective manner in order to deliver solutions in a timely manner of high quality.
* Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions.
* Ability to mentor junior team members effectively.
* Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable).
* Proactive attitude.
* Very good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers.
* Team player and ability to work individually.
* Able to work in a diversified environment.
* Fast learner.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.