Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be on our Marketing Campaigns team. This role will help expand our marketing and growth platform which allows our clients to build, manage and deliver their customer interactions over email, ads and other channels. This position will be part of a passionate, versatile and collaborative team tackling tough problems to push our technology forward. You will also have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world's most trusted communication platform.
Twilio is looking for a senior engineer with a demonstrated track record of delivering quality software.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years working in Go and Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale including microservices architecture
- Cloud application development in AWS, multi-region deployment a plus
- REST API design and implementation
- Experience administering databases and integrating with data pipelines
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
As Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Live by and champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- Collaborate with other team members, including our Product and API team, to help design, own, and improve our current product offering
- Build, deploy and manage systems in the AWS cloud
- Work with container technology - Docker/Kubernetes
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy CI/CD systems
- Aid in the testing and delivery of our code
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3), ReactJS, Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, SolrCloud, Kafka, SQL, Riak, Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux
As a Senior Software Engineer on the MC Team, you will be part of building our next-gen marketing communications products. With a constant focus on our users, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketing SAAS industry. You will get a chance to design and implement solutions that will provide marketers and developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers. Serving Twilio's large customer base and volume of traffic results in further complexities of scale and distributed systems. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and grow your career.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.