At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for exceptional individuals to join our Data Center Systems security team as a Sr. Security Engineer. As a security engineer, you will drive, architect, and implement the core functionalities and critical enhancements to our global infrastructure to make it the most secure environment available.
The successful candidate will be an experienced security practitioner having a technical background in risk management, vulnerability testing and product evaluation. Specifically, we are looking for someone with past experience assessing industrial control and embedded systems for inherent risk. This position will conduct testing and author assessment reports making recommendations for proposed product deployments of new hardware and software in our Data Centers. Location: Herndon, VA or Broomfield CO
Your responsibilities will include:
- Focusing on real-time mission critical technologies of security: SCADA, electrical power, building management and other control systems
- Implementing and maintaining security policy
- Advising development staff on application security
- Host and network security tools and implementation
- Coordinating intrusion and penetration tests
- Leading design reviews for complex systems
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Participate in security compliance efforts