Sr. Sales Consultant
KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
We are looking for
A customer-focused, driven Sales Professional with a positive, can-do attitude. The individual who will succeed in this role loves winning, thrives off of meeting goals, and has the ability to identify and prioritize opportunities to win new service customers for KONE.
Please note: Sales title (e.g., Sales representative/consultant/executive) will be assigned commensurate with experience and business need.
- Individual sales planning & sales funnel management
- Creation/execution of successful go-to-market strategy for growing KONE service customer base
- Prospecting for new customers, including cold calling and identifying competitive accounts that can be converted to KONE services;
- Selling quoted repairs/upgrades to existing maintenance customers and non-KONE customers
- Work closely with National Account Directors on requests for new business
- Selling value and differentiating KONE products and services on all new contracts
- Educating customers on safety issues, code requirements or potential upgrades
- Record account/customer activity in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (e.g., Salesforce)
Skills, education and experience
- Drive to win & positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to prospect and identify new business opportunities
- Customer focus: Ability to understand customer business, identify solutions & communicate value for customer by proposing and persuading to buy and assist with project management
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on safety issues and code requirements
- Ability to meet & exceed challenging revenue & profitability growth targets
- Analytical ability and business acumen to analyze & prioritize opportunities
- Ability to build customer relationships – all individuals within the sales/project management process: strong interpersonal & communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment; collaboration with peers and colleagues; as well as being capable to effectively work independently
- Comprehensive understanding of selling & sales tools
- Mindset of continuous improvement; behavior characterized by the highest ethical standards
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of work experience
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in sales (title pending experience)
- Experience: Construction or industrial equipment service sales highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers