Sr. Instructional Designer
Job Type: Full time
Location: Denver, CO
Department: GSS Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is looking for a senior instructional designer who specializes in eLearning development and instructional video production, but also enjoys developing other types of instructional content to join our Customer Training team. Working for the Manager of Instructional Design, this role will be a key contributor to the identification of training needs and the expansion of the customer training curriculum. This role will focus primarily on the development of CBTs and instructional videos, but may include development of content for other modalities such as ILT and VILT.
- Develop and implement strategy and standards for ILT,VILT, and eLearning content creation
- Translate high-level business strategy into the optimal learning solution
- Scope and prioritize training requests
- Mentor junior team members
- Conduct needs assessment
- Create world-class customer facing learning programs including eLearning, ILT, VILT, micro-learning, and certifications; manage all aspects of the development cycle including analysis, design, implementation, review, and updates
- Inject engaging, visual, hands-on activities into your learning programs; final candidates will be asked to provide examples of prior work and a writing sample
- Assist with internal training initiatives as needed
- Measure your learning programs for effectiveness
- Drive projects to completion within agreed upon timeframes
- Seek continuous improvement; willing to try new ideas to produce better content.
- Build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships
- Collaborate with members from various departments within the Company to ensure that training content is accurate, relevant, and effective for audience and business needs
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to coordinate training messages and efforts
- Proven success with blended learning development and delivery including instructor-led classroom, instructor-led online, and self-paced
- Proven project and people management skills, including self-starter, organization, follow-through, and problem-solving
- Adult learning and ADDIE expert
- Enjoys working with a dynamic, tight-knit team to produce cutting-edge, high-quality training solutions
- Comfortable working in virtual environments, using technology to collaborate and connect
- Courage and confidence to challenge the status quo, expresses views openly
- Stays up to date with training industry best practices and willing to try new ideas
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required
- 8 years of experience designing training programs and delivery functions including all delivery modalities is required
- Captivate (or equivalent authoring tool) experience is required
- Instructional video experience is preferred
- Voice-over-IP or telephony experience is highly preferred
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.