Sr. Customer Solutions Manager - Global Telecommunications & Media (DEN)
Are you passionate about shaping the future of the Telecommunications and Media industry by translating customer’s objectives to actions that realize long-term value through innovation? Do you have the business and technical savvy to earn trust with C-level executives and project team members alike? Have you delivered transformations for large enterprises with global operations, operating as multi-layered hierarchical organizations with complex stakeholder landscapes and decision-making processes?
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You are detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your decisions and help drive robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and to love to reach and exceed goals.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help large Telecom and Media organizations understand best practices around adopting advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. Together with them, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within these firms. We are also looking for individuals with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and delivery challenges.
As an AWS Customer Solutions Manager (CSM), you will establish a deep understanding of your customer's business vision, culture and processes. You will lead the successful adoption of AWS, guiding customers through the people, process, and technology facets of their cloud transformation journey. You will serve as the customer’s cloud journey coach and voice of customer within AWS, evangelizing customer needs to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You leverage your communication, program management, technical, operations, and transformation acumen to understand your customer's strategic goals, translate them into an executable plan, and deliver successful, often industry changing, customer outcomes on AWS.
Successful candidates are motivated by the customer's long-term success, have a mix of technical and business expertise, are data and detail driven, and have experience delivering large-scale programs. You are a proven leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and team levels. You collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, while navigating across geographical and organizational boundaries. You are a natural problem solver who steers ambiguity and leads autonomously.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Solutions Managers (CSMs) are obsessed with accelerating our customer’s cloud adoption and driving value from investments in the cloud. CSMs have ownership of customers’ cloud enablement / adoption readiness, driving migrations at scale, leading digital transformations, and benefit/ value realization for AWS customers.
For effective adoption of AWS, CSMs focus on driving customers’ people and operating model change. CSMs ensure customer leaders have sufficient knowledge of AWS and establish an education strategy to up-skill technical and non-technical roles across the customer’s organization. CSM’s work closely with customer stakeholders, to define their cloud’s business case, establish a vision / roadmap for their cloud program. CSMs are customer advocates, driving resolution of blockers to migrations and new solutions on AWS by delivering successful proof of concepts and creating paths towards value realization.
For migration success, digital transformation and value realization, CSMs work backwards from the customers’ cloud business case and defines the customer’s cloud migration/ digital transformation strategy which guides people, process and operating model changes for customer success. CSMs defines a detailed plan which includes key milestones collectively owned by Customer, AWS and Partner teams. CSMs partner with our customers to install and mature their Cloud Business Office capabilities, accelerate migrations and broader adoption of AWS at scale. CSMs work with our customers to establish the Cloud Leadership team and broader governance structures to effectively govern both our partnership with the customer, and the customer’s adoption of AWS. With a focus on accelerating adoption, CSMs drive the effective use of mechanisms to improve migration velocity and customers’ ability to operate business applications at scale on AWS, reducing the customer’s time to benefit.
The primary focus for a CSM, is serving as the cloud change agent for our customers, bringing structure, programmatic discipline and thought leadership to drive forward migration readiness, migration velocity and digital transformation/ modernization. CSMs balance bringing best practice AWS learnings to the customer, with the freedom to explore to find innovative ways to help tailor existing learnings and/or build something new that is more relevant and impactful to our customer needs on AWS. Ultimately, the CSM is driven by making sure the customer realizes their goals and ambition on AWS, key obstacles are rapidly unblocked enabling the customers cloud journey to efficient.
CSMs are measured on customer’s success of cloud adoption, based on:
· cloud enablement capabilities installed to drive customers’ People and Operating Model change for effective adoption of AWS. Including, training strategy to upskill technical and non-technical roles across the customer’s organization.
· workloads migrated to AWS, new customer solutions built on AWS, and by the breadth of AWS services employed by the customer.
· customer engagement effectiveness, including writing effective briefing documents and establishing key relationships with stakeholders to drive migrations at scale.
· establishing and managing an outcome-driven adoption plan to realize customer’s account vision and strategy while reporting on customer maturity and adoption progress.
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, or equivalent practical experience.
· 10+ years of experience delivering technology initiatives including 5+ years of customer-facing experience delivering technology enabled transformations.
· Cross-functional leadership, collaboration, operations and data-driven problem solving
· SCRUM/Agile, PMP, Prince2, PgMP, Six Sigma, SAFe certified or related experience
- Direct experience implementing AWS services
- AWS or other cloud certifications
- Executive presence and communication skills (listening, verbal, written, and presentation) including digital strategy, business case, architecture design, execution planning, progress updates, risk management, resource allocation, metrics establishment / tracking, technical content and public speaking.
- Experience working with Telecommunications and Media customers (5G, BSS/OSS, IoT)
- Thorough understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery and/or IT life cycle.
- Versed in Software DevOps and Cloud Operating Models
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.